Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge FX software and printing

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Angela Hornback, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Angela Hornback

Angela Hornback New Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Elizabethtown ky
    Omega is the most confusing software I have ever met. I use Corel 2018, Illustrator, Autocad, solidworks, fusion 360, mach 2 and LOTS of others. but this software is horrible. So I am trying to insert my EPS files into GSP Plot. and still can not get this thing to print correctly. (Gerber Edge FX about 5 years old.) I do this for a day job for a large truck company to make safety placards ect. any help would be appreciated. If there is an easier way!
    I just want to send my art to the machine to spot color! is there an easy way to do this?

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    You have to import the eps file into Omega and then assign the spot colors individually.
    And check the files to make sure there aren't extra paths. When importing into Omega there will sometimes be doubles, especially with centers of letters.

3. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    What billct2 said, but also make sure that you have the cuts/prints set correctly. It sucks to send something to print and then realize you forgot to set a cut.