• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge FX

WildWestDesigns

I was thinking about getting a Gerber Edge FX. I get requests for stickers and for magnets for vehicles all the time and I don't have the space or customer base yet for a wide format printer.

What are everyone's opinions for this particular thermal printer and my needs? Pros, cons, own comments from experience?

Also would I be able to do the contour cutting with my GX24 or will I have to do it with a Gerber plotter?

bcpop

I have made more money with the edge than any other piece of equipment I own. It has its cons but serves certain areas really well. I have owned a Edge since 1999. I got the FX 2 years ago.

The Equipment Guy

You can cut Edge output with other plotters that utilize 4 pt registration somewhat, but as your print width is 11.8" high (a foot for arguments sake) using non Gerber registration means you have up to an extra inch of waste top and bottom. The Gerber plotters use a very KISS simple single point of registration (I believe it was adapted from a B27 bomber, but thats just my opinion, lol)

Craig

WildWestDesigns

You can cut Edge output with other plotters that utilize 4 pt registration somewhat, but as your print width is 11.8" high (a foot for arguments sake) using non Gerber registration means you have up to an extra inch of waste top and bottom. The Gerber plotters use a very KISS simple single point of registration (I believe it was adapted from a B27 bomber, but thats just my opinion, lol)

Craig

That's a bummer on two counts. One that the GX24 just uses 3 pt registration and all that waste.

natedawg9640

you could opt for a used system, edge2 w/ and envision 375 can be had for significantly cheaper costs than an FX.

I just picked mine up a couple months ago and it's all in great shape. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. either that or sub the work out when you get requests.