Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge / GS15 cutting problem.

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Red Ball, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Red Ball

Red Ball Very Active Member

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    We have recently begun having problems with getting the print properly positioned on the media for an example a 12'' tall cut. When multiple prints are sent to plot, the cut line will display below the zero line and thus there is not enough material left for the cut.

Comments appreciated!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Have you changed something in your target configuration?

3. Red Ball

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    Not that we are aware of.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Try changing the Layout setting to "Center on Vinyl".

5. idsignsil

idsignsil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Springfield, IL
    I have had a similar problem. I have asked Gerber about it and they were not sure what was going on. I have found that if you get everything ready to go and before you hit print or cut, you need to press the reduce frame button. It is the button that has an upper case E on it I think. I have to press it twice and it corrects the bottom zero line. Try that and see if it helps. Don't know how to fix the problem, but this is at least a work around, if it works.

6. Red Ball

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    Thanks Fred, but that is the first detail I double checked.
    Went back to triple check. Still centered. Sent a project. Same setup.
    Change the plotter from our default of the Summa T1010 to the GS15 plus. Hit reduce frame button. It turned the small job into a half a dozen panels. Hit reduce frame again and the job moves up closer to the zero line and of course the panels are gone. Change the repeats and the job with repeats moves back down below the zero line.

Output job again into a second window and everything is back to normal. It will probably work ok for a few more weeks until we get a rush again.

I love this job, I love this job, I love this job, I love this job, I love this job, ...

7. Red Ball

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    I agree, until you change the repeats.

I am sorry for you but it is comforting that someone else feels my pain! :frustrated:

8. idsignsil

idsignsil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Springfield, IL
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that it does not work with repeats.

9. Red Ball

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    Bumpity bump bump.

10. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

It would be helpful if when posting a problem you state what softwae/version you are currently using. The current Omega version is 5.0.0.69, anything prior to Omega 5.0 will not be addressed, well it will really - upgrade.

11. Red Ball

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS

:doh: