• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge / GS15 cutting problem.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
We have recently begun having problems with getting the print properly positioned on the media for an example a 12'' tall cut. When multiple prints are sent to plot, the cut line will display below the zero line and thus there is not enough material left for the cut.

Comments appreciated!

Attachments

• Edge issue.jpg
    Edge issue.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Edge issue 2.jpg
    Edge issue 2.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 83

idsignsil

I have had a similar problem. I have asked Gerber about it and they were not sure what was going on. I have found that if you get everything ready to go and before you hit print or cut, you need to press the reduce frame button. It is the button that has an upper case E on it I think. I have to press it twice and it corrects the bottom zero line. Try that and see if it helps. Don't know how to fix the problem, but this is at least a work around, if it works.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Thanks Fred, but that is the first detail I double checked.
Went back to triple check. Still centered. Sent a project. Same setup.
Change the plotter from our default of the Summa T1010 to the GS15 plus. Hit reduce frame button. It turned the small job into a half a dozen panels. Hit reduce frame again and the job moves up closer to the zero line and of course the panels are gone. Change the repeats and the job with repeats moves back down below the zero line.

Output job again into a second window and everything is back to normal. It will probably work ok for a few more weeks until we get a rush again.

I love this job, I love this job, I love this job, I love this job, I love this job, ...

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
I have had a similar problem. I have asked Gerber about it and they were not sure what was going on. I have found that if you get everything ready to go and before you hit print or cut, you need to press the reduce frame button. It is the button that has an upper case E on it I think. I have to press it twice and it corrects the bottom zero line. Try that and see if it helps. Don't know how to fix the problem, but this is at least a work around, if it works.

I agree, until you change the repeats.

I am sorry for you but it is comforting that someone else feels my pain! :frustrated:

Tony Teveris

It would be helpful if when posting a problem you state what softwae/version you are currently using. The current Omega version is 5.0.0.69, anything prior to Omega 5.0 will not be addressed, well it will really - upgrade.