• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge LE beep beep beep

gabagoo

Ya so I have the beeping happening...in the past I found it to be one loose connector on a board but this time what I found was the power supply plug can't get a full grasp on the connector as on the inside of the printer the bottom portion of the piece it connects to has released from the printer, so that when you push the plug in the bottom section moves in as well. Me in my genius turned off the power and stuck my hand in from the other side to hold the piece in place while I gently electrocuted myself!!! OK that was stupid and I turned off the power bar for the next try. I pushed it in as well as I could but now every morning it just doesn't seem to be holding... I have now found that an old 2 iron works well and I push that through from the other side to hold the piece in place but still the plug does not get a good connection and holds briefly until the next beeping attack occurs. Any ideas here, short of calling in a over priced tech?

stitchup

I had a similar issue a while back - I cured it by resoldering some of the joints.

I'm sure there are details on this board somewhere.

Good luck from Wales.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I had a similar issue a while back - I cured it by resoldering some of the joints.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I've never experienced this problem with my Edge before, but I would assume that if you're having problems with it staying in place, then you need to make a permanent fix that isn't just pushing the plug in harder each time.

gabagoo

Well the 2 iron seems to work and as stated I will now never unplug it again,, just the connection to the power bar