Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge LE Label Read Error

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by TCor Designs, May 31, 2020.

1. TCor Designs

TCor Designs New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    Bellingham
    Hello,

I have a Gerber Edge LE that I had not used for a while but it worked fine previously. I just use the printer for fun here and there, mostly to make stickers for my RC cars. When I went to run it last night it took some troubleshooting but the Z axis sensor had been moved a bit from transport, but once I finessed it a bit (sideways, did not move it vertically) to re-center the metal flag the z-axis height error went away.

On to my current problem - I have performed test print patterns 1 and 2 successfully, but when I try test pattern 0 the printer head goes up and down a few times and then the display reads "label read error". Same thing happens when trying to print from Flexi.

Not sure what is wrong as I know my printer head functions based on printing certain test patterns.

I have tried about 10 different foils, gerber and non, they all do it.

Tags: