• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge LE printer driver needed

FSDesigner

I had to rebuild my windows 7 machine that was running my Gerber Edge LE printer and now I am having issues configuring Omega 4.0 to use the printer. When we try to print the attached photo shows the error I get. We called Gerber and they will not help us. They want me to upgrade my software.... does anyone have the driver for the printer itself that they can share via dropbox or similar service?

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 297

Joe House

That's a windows driver, not a Gerber Driver. It's been so long I can't remember, but you also need to configure the parallel port correctly in the Bios. Any more we recommend the Gerber USB to Parallel adapter, but you would still need to upgrade your Omega to be compatible with that option.

Jburns

did you re-install the software with the Omega 4.0 disc? The drivers should have been setup there - Also did you go into GSPtray and setup the new printer device, identifying port? Are you using parrallel port? it has to be setup as IEE or something,.

Bert Wondervan

I had to rebuild my windows 7 machine that was running my Gerber Edge LE printer and now I am having issues configuring Omega 4.0 to use the printer. When we try to print the attached photo shows the error I get. We called Gerber and they will not help us. They want me to upgrade my software.... does anyone have the driver for the printer itself that they can share via dropbox or similar service?
The driver of your Gerber Edge LE printer is allready included on your Omega 4.0 software, this software supported your printer. You do not need any other driver to install.
Have your printer a serial to usb connection to your PC with Windows7? than you must be check your pc usb ports. and check or have your driver installed correctly.

FSDesigner

Thanks everyone... we wound up having to upgrade to Omega 6.5. At least we have tech support now from Gerber.