• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber edge, no software

lopezfamily5

Hi, have a few questions. We have a Gerber Edge and a gerber HS-15 plus. They are in good working order. It was being used before we moved into a new building. During the move the software was lost and the computer that was used to run it was recycled :omg: . This machine comes in very handy here in our sign room but we now have no software, we were running omega and actually still have the usb keys for it but no doscs from which to install. The company doesnt really want to spend any more money even though like I said it does save us a lot of time and we still have hundreds of cartriges and vinyl in stock. What would be the easiest, best and least expensive option to get these machines running. We use corel x4,x5, running on windows vista and 7 but if we needed to go back to xp that would not be a problem.

Thanks for the read, if there is any other important info I need to add just let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated. Again Thanks. :thankyou:

Molenbeek

If you still have the Omega USB dongle- you are good. That is where the $$ is. The CDs are generic- call your distributor and ask them for the version disk of Omega that you had and you should be able to get back and running. or upgrade to the latest 4.0 if you want to run Windows 7- pretty cheap to do it right now.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The only software capable of driving the Edge is:

• Gerber Omega
  • Flexisign Pro
  • SignLab
To do a fresh install of Omega, even if you had the discs, requires a password to be entered, so having the USB dongle isn't going to be enough even if you were to get discs somewhere else. Your only solution is to either purchase a new copy of Omega with new USB and password (either new or used) or go to Gerber and see what solution they can offer you.

Do you know what version of Omega you had?

Marlene

Tony if you have the sn number and something has happened to the disks, computer or both so you have only proof of right to use the software, will Gerber send out the software to help get you back up and running?

Tony Teveris

You need to call TechSupport or Customer Service, explain and have the USB key handly to read info off of it.

FYI - all the security "magic" is on the USB key, the DVD is the same for all users.