• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Print Costs

nauras

Dear Fred
i have Omege 1.54, i use also Fastrack1300, the edge is second hand, the fastrack 1300 & gsp15 are 100% good, the gerber edge also. but if i wish print out of
the composer it dont work.
thanks en greets.

Nauras

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One doesn't print out of Composer except paper proofs. One prints to the Edge out of GSPPlot. Are you outputting your job from Composer to GSPPlot?

nauras

Fred Weiss said:
One doesn't print out of Composer except paper proofs. One prints to the Edge out of GSPPlot. Are you outputting your job from Composer to GSPPlot?

this is a communication error name

tmpF2A5.TmP(40)

Nauras

nauras

Fred Weiss said:

after a new setup the PC recognize the edge not ?? look attachment.

when i click print a job to edge, the gs15 plotter cut a red & black lines (edge & cut lines)

Please wat is the cause!!??

Thanks, Nauras

Attachments

• edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 101

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If the cable from LPT 2 is attached to the Edge

and the Edge is set to "Online"

and the job is sent from GSPPlot by pressing function key F10 ....

You should see the job show up in the LCD of the Edge asking for 3M white vinyl. Pressing the online button once will cause it to next ask for process yellow foil. Pressing it again will cause it to begin printing.

Red vectors in Gerber software indicate a print only assignment. There should not be any way to make them cut without changing that assignment.

Let me add this: Learning to setup and produce files for color printing is one of the more difficult things I have ever taught myself. I did it with the benefit of 15 years experience making signs, cutting vinyl and using Gerber software. I had also received an introduction to the processes by trained individuals.

If you are not familiar with the technical part of doing this and do not have someone there to train you in your own language, I do not think you will be able to do what is needed to produce work properly.