• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge printing

yamaha581

I have been using our Edge with Flexi for over a month and not had any problems. For some reason now though it will not work. I have always plugged it into the same spot on my computer and it is always on USB port 2 when I print. Now for some reason it sometimes says theres a problem. When I send it to the gerber it usually says nothing but online and then if I unplug the usb from my computer and plug it back in then it says its ready to print on the gerber. When I print though it is doing an old job. I have already tried plugging it in a different USB port and changing all the ports in flexi but it will only work in this one spot on my computer and under port 2 in flexi. Has anyone else had this problem before? I have been messing with this all week and it is just putting me even more behind.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If it's printing an older job then the first thing to do is to open Production Manager and delete any old jobs you may find.

yamaha581

If it's printing an older job then the first thing to do is to open Production Manager and delete any old jobs you may find.

I have done that but there are no old jobs listed they are always deleted right away. I have pretty much done everything I can think of.

xDaemoNx

i used a usb to paralell adapter, it wasn't the gerber specific.. but it worked.. but boy did i have problems (many i didnt even know until i changed.....), the prints was so slow to start. and the printer stopped for long times in prints seems connection was way way slow
usb often changed place and was hard to track what usb device really was the usb to paralell adapter... i often had to reboot... was a nightmare..
i bought an deltaco pci-e to paralell and serial adapter and run my gerber edge 2 and envision 375 on it
printing with flexisign... it was like night and day, printing is so much faster no lagging, never have to reboot due to paralell port gone missing..
if you have a possibillity to put in an pci or pcie with paralell and serial port. DO IT. it is way way better then any usb solution......