Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge problem

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by XpressYourself, Jan 20, 2009.

1. XpressYourself

XpressYourself New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I have an original Edge machine, I replaced the motherboard about 2 or 3 years ago but 2 days ago we turned it on and it printed a little bit of our design and went offline. Now when we turn it on it just beeps....any ideas what may be wrong with it?

Tags:
  2. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    Simple first thing to try is to reset it.
    Can't remember exactly but it's something like holding the
    reset button down (or the online button) as you turn it on.

You can also check over at 4edgetalk.com

3. Ken Sankey

Ken Sankey Member

Oct 20, 2007
    USA
    Not sure, it doesn't sound terminal. If you would need service I have dealt with Jim at the Plotter Doctor in Calif. Good luck.

4. Danprepair

Danprepair New Member

Oct 13, 2008
  5. Danprepair

Danprepair New Member

Oct 13, 2008
  6. XpressYourself

XpressYourself New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks, I'll check it out! I tried holding the online button and the reset button but neither worked :(

7. robbie walton

robbie walton New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    I had the same problem. the wiring connectors onto the top circuit board eventually get loose. I re seated them and it sorted the problem out. you might find the culprit is the large one on the far left behind the front row of connectors but do them all anyway. also there are fuses on both circuit boards which sometimes need replacing.