• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge registration

theKING

When running the Gerber Edge we are having trouble with the colors lining up or with the registration. Used 3M 4 mill calendered vinyl The machine is clean enough to eat off of but I did notice the punched holes in the vinyl looking a little distorted... I tried to see if something was dragging and could not locate any points of friction. (I drew about 8 lines across the vinyl with a Stabilo pencil and ran the decals... looking for the pencil marks to be smeared or for traces inside the machinw where it was dragging... no luck)

Attached is a 3 color decal we are having the issue with... as you can see the purple is not lining up with the black. this run is only about 3 and a half to 4 feet long.
Suggestions??? Have a ton of work piling up for this thing and I can run it as is.. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 9pmsu.jpg
    9pmsu.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:

J Hill Designs

1st suggestion is attach images directly to your forum posts - no off-site photos allowed.

2nd suggestion: familiarize yourself with choke/spread in omega

theKING

thanks

I have used an Edge for about 10 or 11 years at a job and never had 1 issue. Now I own one and here we are.. I am running some tests to see if it is a clutch issue on the foil or vinyl or a print head alignment issue... I hope to get it back in line.

J Hill Designs

the decals look fairly small (judging from the reg mark size in the photo) - always build in a margin for foil-to-foil registration, esp. at that size

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Color to color registration is a known issue with Gerber Edge printing. Expect to have to deal with shifts of + or - .02". It is affected on the x axis by the difference in the amount of unused foil in each cartridge. There is a utility in Omega 3 and higher to address the issue ... but that is why choke and spread routines have always been available in Omega software.

As a last resort, you can eliminate all such issues if you print your job in CMYK process colors instead of spot colors.