Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge Software

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by dweavers, Mar 21, 2013.

1. dweavers

dweavers New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I have recently purchased a second hand gerber edge and the seller did not have the software.
    Issue 1 is that it has a couple of blown pixels (I can work around these) but is there anywhere that I can go to purchase a replacement head (third party?)
    Issue 2 is I have no software to run this beast and with the head issue I do not intend to pay anything or only a little for old software,
    I run adobe CS2 (PC VERSION)
    And print to Roland PC-60, ALPS MD-1000, and various other printers depending on requirements of job.
    I do mainly custom made one-off decals.
    SO to cut a long story short can someone help with software firstly and secondly a print head :help

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    To the best of my knowledge there is no third party printheads and Gerber will only sell you one as part of a repair performed by them.

There are only three programs that will successfully drive an Edge:

• Gerber Omega or its predecessor Grafix Advantage
    • Flexisign Pro version 7 or later
    • SignLab with the thermal module
    Your only way to find any savings on software would be to find a used copy of one or the other. I would recommend looking for a copy of Omega 2.0 or higher to avoid the many non working copies left over from the upgrade to version 2 from a few years back. Be sure to get the dongle, the CD's and the installation password.

3. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

I printed 1,750 decals on my Edge yesterday from Adobe Illustrator 10 thru MacImprint yesterday. Even on my old Macintosh G4 it's a rock solid printing plug in.
    It's a shame that GSP dropped the ball on that one. It's an amazingly simple and productive app.