• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Software

dweavers

I have recently purchased a second hand gerber edge and the seller did not have the software.
Issue 1 is that it has a couple of blown pixels (I can work around these) but is there anywhere that I can go to purchase a replacement head (third party?)
Issue 2 is I have no software to run this beast and with the head issue I do not intend to pay anything or only a little for old software,
I run adobe CS2 (PC VERSION)
And print to Roland PC-60, ALPS MD-1000, and various other printers depending on requirements of job.
I do mainly custom made one-off decals.
SO to cut a long story short can someone help with software firstly and secondly a print head :help

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
To the best of my knowledge there is no third party printheads and Gerber will only sell you one as part of a repair performed by them.

There are only three programs that will successfully drive an Edge:

• Gerber Omega or its predecessor Grafix Advantage
  • Flexisign Pro version 7 or later
  • SignLab with the thermal module
Your only way to find any savings on software would be to find a used copy of one or the other. I would recommend looking for a copy of Omega 2.0 or higher to avoid the many non working copies left over from the upgrade to version 2 from a few years back. Be sure to get the dongle, the CD's and the installation password.

Bill Modzel

I printed 1,750 decals on my Edge yesterday from Adobe Illustrator 10 thru MacImprint yesterday. Even on my old Macintosh G4 it's a rock solid printing plug in.
It's a shame that GSP dropped the ball on that one. It's an amazingly simple and productive app.