• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge wants to print overprint and non-overprint of same colour separately?

alistair

I'm new to using the gerber edge and flexi, when i send a file to print it prints each colour twice, once for the non-overprint and then again for the overprint parts of the design? can anyone guide me where I'm going wrong? please:Big Laugh

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you talking about two different objects each printing once but during a different pass or the same object printing twice?

alistair

Are you talking about two different objects each printing once but during a different pass or the same object printing twice?

two different parts each printing once.

there are some parts of the same colour that are set to overprint and some that are not, it's doing each in a separate pass?

i'm using flexi 8

alistair

attachment.php
heres what happening

Attachments

• overprint-issue.png
    overprint-issue.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 195

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've done next to nothing in Edge job setups using Flexi. In Omega, pretty much the same thing will happen because the Edge turns up the heat for an overprint thus requiring a separate pass. Gerber's solution was to provide a third setting called "Overlap". This setting causes the foil to overprint the underlying layer but without turning up the heat. You may want to check for a similar setting in Flexi. If it isn't there, then getting Omega may be your only solution.