• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge wont Recognize USB

D-Kal

I finally got Omega 5.o, and my new PS only uses USB I have connected the Parallel to USB adapter and nothing it doesn't recognize the Printer.

Has any only else had this problem?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I think most that try to go that route experience that exact problem at some point. Edge's are very finicky about the parallel connection. Best I can suggest is to determine what LPT port the USB adapter is presenting itself as and double check that Omega is trying to use the right port. It can and does work but it's sometimes less than reliable and can be a hassle to get working on an adapter. The best option is a true commercial business class computer - most still have parallel, serial, and even PS2 keyboard and mouse ports. Lower end business class machines and machines intended for home users almost never have them anymore. One final option if you cannot get the cable working would be to buy an internal PCIe Parallel Card. That would give the PC a true parallel port.

Drip Dry

Did you buy the adapter from Gerber ? There was always a problem with other brands, sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't.
I would think if it came from Gerber, it was tested and guaranteed to work. They should be able to help you.

D-Kal

Did you buy the adapter from Gerber ? There was always a problem with other brands, sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't.
I would think if it came from Gerber, it was tested and guaranteed to work. They should be able to help you.

Thanks, no I actually didn' get it from Gerber it is a Belkin.

I will try amd get a Hold of Gerber