• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge

mladams7259

The auction looks legit, at least I hope so. A scammer wouldnt require that the bidder have a paypal account to bid and most of the time they post an email and tell you to contact them through it to "buy it now" I watch the printer/plotter section of ebay pretty frequently and Ive never saw those pics before. Sometimes a scammer saves the pics from another auction and uses them months later to try and sell the item. Good deal for someone maybe.

threeputt

Might be worth having. That print head in there is pretty darn expensive to replace, I know that.

Machine is useless to anyone who's without the operating software, Omega though.

Looks like it might be a '95 model or so.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's one of the earliest models called a Trunion. It is as stated most likely from around 1995 + or -. Using it for parts would probably depend on what model you were feeding the parts into but most of the electronics and the printhead, for sure, won't do you much good. Whenever GSP does a repair they typically replace most or all of the electronics because, they claim, any older parts will shorten the life of many other parts.

If you need a repair you are looking at $4K to 6K. If it works and you know how to run it, then you could recoup the current bid in a few weeks. The current value of a newer used Edge 1 is typically around $3K to 4K and often includes the foils on hand which can add up in a hurry at $80 to $90 per cartridge. I see newer systems come and go that are offered at $8 to $9K with a matching plotter, Omega software and a couple of thousand dollars in supplies.