• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge

thirty6

Hi Newbie Here

Anybody tell me why my gerber insists on trying to print the registration mark in process.

Been through all the setting I can find but must be missing something.

Starts the print job asks for the correct colour foil prints the job and then requests the four process foils and all it does is print the gerber registration mark.

Please help sanity is failing.

Matt

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
First off, you need to check the job in Composer. There is a button called 1-2-3-4. Click it. It will show you all vinyls and foils that are in the setup. My guess is that you have something very small in the job that has a CMYK foil assigned to it. Or you may have a second vinyl in the job.

Once you've determined if there is such a problem, use the Select by process colors to find the object.

You can also check the 1-2-3 dialog in GSPPlot to see where the target is assigned as to foil and what foils are in the job. Double clicking any foil will turn the target on or off for that foil color. Normally targets don't print in CMYK. Rather they print in the darkest color foil that will be called for.

signage

Are you using composer or signlab?

If signlab go to print cut setp anf make sure you registration isn't set to process.

thirty6

Are you using composer or signlab?

If signlab go to print cut setp anf make sure you registration isn't set to process.

Sorry all forgot to say signlab, just been into print cut setup and cannot see where I select the option for spot registration.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sorry all forgot to say signlab, just been into print cut setup and cannot see where I select the option for spot registration.

No experience with SignLab but I would still recommend that you check for any process colors that may be assigned in the job using whatever tools that are available for such an inspection.

signage

IT's located on the cut tab in print cut setup. See attached image

Attachments

• signlab reg color.jpg
    signlab reg color.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 132

signage

If you don't have the thermal modual, rather than updating Signab I would look into Omega 3.0 or above!