• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge1 and Windows 64 bits problems

Hielorojo

Hello, I have run my Gerber Edge 1 over Windows 10 32bits system with the Paralell Cable without problems(also with a generic cable usb to parallel...), yesterday I have update windows 10 to 64 bits and the Edge 1 not works...the system not detect the Printer(with both cables) any advice?
I dont understand why with 32bits system the USB and the Parallel cable Works(generic Brand) and with 64 bits not………..
Thank you in advance,

WildWestDesigns

It depends on what the program needs.

The biggest difference (in my experience), between a 32 bit and a 64 bit Windows system is 16 bit code. 32 bit systems have 16 bit code, 64 bit systems do not. While there are some open source projects that bring in 16 bit code into a 64 bit system, still highly experimental.

This may or may not be the reason why it works on one system versus another, but it's possible that it's something along the lines of this. Especially when talking about pretty legacy hardware.

Bert Wondervan

Hello, I have run my Gerber Edge 1 over Windows 10 32bits system with the Paralell Cable without problems(also with a generic cable usb to parallel...), yesterday I have update windows 10 to 64 bits and the Edge 1 not works...the system not detect the Printer(with both cables) any advice?
I dont understand why with 32bits system the USB and the Parallel cable Works(generic Brand) and with 64 bits not………..
Thank you in advance,

The driver of your GERBER is not installed correctly or is not compatible with Windows 10 64bits.
After the Windows upgreate to windows 10. You have to install the compatible software for your GERBER.