• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber EDGE2 and it's abilities?

rudeez

hai folks.

was posting some time back about reversed armalex labels. sorted that out now tho ;>

now another thing has started to crackle my mind.
i should once again say that im very new the tho whole sign industry so i basicly haven't got a clue about what im doing, im sure that you pro guys would just make a big "sigh" if you saw me working. so, im the only one hired here, a promotional company wich sells working cloths, company solutions etc etc. we just got a gerber edge 2 and a gerber envision plotter aswell as a summa plotter. most jobs i do im doing for a company called pressmaster, they producing tools of diffrent kinds and im doing armalex/lexan labels for them to put on their tools, modelname etc. often 15x30mm and around those sizes and most likley 2-3 colors. those jobs are nothing, i mean, no gradients and so on. only simple "color after color" labels.

now ive been starking to think that there must be more possiblilites in this market. shop window vinyls, car decals, signs for shops etc.

the only thing is that im not that familliar with the gerber edge2 and don't really know what it's capable of really. i wanna know if you can share some pics and stuff of work you done with a edge2 aswell as maybe some help on how to do it. as ive seen the edge2 can print CYMK colors, i simply made a quick test just importing a cd album front of mastodons new album with alot of colors on it. marked to print with CYMK colors in OMEGA (2.0) and tested it, the print diden't look like the original tho, wrong colors on wrong places and diden't fill it all out.

im talking to much i know. simply im asking for some advide on what kind of things the gerber edge2 can make aswell as some info on how to actually do it. and please post some pics or links of work you done in a edge2 so i get any idea of what it's capable of!

best regards Jimmie, best promotion, sweden

Billct2

Yes I'm talking about the 3 color lables, and yes it can do decals like the album cover, but that is illegal, it's theft of a copyrighted image.

rudeez

ok, well i know itäs illegal, i just took it as an exampel. could have taken any normal picture. so whats the printing method used for pics like that and such?