• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber EDGE2 Networking Problem

designsandsigns

Hey, everybody. We've recently rearranged our computers, and I had to reset the network queue. We run all of our plotters and our printer through only one of our computers, mostly due to location in the building.

Since we've made the switch, we've had no trouble sending to any plotter or the EDGE2, but the host computer is suffering problems. It seems, when any EDGE2 job is in the queue, the host computer's Gerber Omega Composer program goes into molasses mode, and barely functions until the EDGE2 job has left the queue.

I remember this problem occuring in a much earlier version of Composer, but do not recall when it stopped being a problem. Anybody aware of a fix for this? Thanks!

Using: Pentium 4 computers (at least), Windows XP Professional, Gerber Omega 6.51, all computers have 1 - 2 Gb of RAM.

James L. Greenlee
Graphics Director
Designs and Signs of Las Vegas
www.designsandsigns.net
graphics@designsandsigns.net

ps. Pre-Schooler? Really? Voting against that category name!

Last edited: