• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Envision 375 Communications error.

Billct2

Seems to be my month for Gerber problems.I had my Gerber Envision 375 repaired ( a new carriage assembly) and now that I have it back I'm getting an error when sending a job. "comm. framing error 38" The internal test cut works fine.I have installed it exactly as it was before having it repaired.Any idea what will fix this?Thanks

waza007

make sure your come port is set to
8 bits
None
off parity

Seems to be my month for Gerber problems.I had my Gerber Envision 375 repaired ( a new carriage assembly) and now that I have it back I'm getting an error when sending a job. "comm. framing error 38" The internal test cut works fine.I have installed it exactly as it was before having it repaired.Any idea what will fix this?Thanks

Tony Teveris

Bill I assume your using Omega to communicate to the Envision so there is no need to worry about the Comm settings, it's done internally.

It could be the cable or they messed up when they put the covers back on and the serial port internally is messed up. The cable is a standard serial 9 to 25 pin cable nothing special.

waza007

im using omega too, but i have a serial to ether adaptor so i did have to config my com port for remote for exact same error.