• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Gerber Envision 375 cut problems

artofacks1

The die cutter starts off cutting nice and deep enough but as it goes longer and longer the die cuts get weak and the last 3 to 4 sheets dont cut all the way through.

I read a couple of threads and someone suggested to talk to Kip and another poster said they had change their blade holder and that helped.

By the way, I did try a new blade.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Before I buy a new holder.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
1. I would look to see if the vinyl is remaining totally flat as it moves through the plotter. Glue on the pins or binding of the sprocket that slides could cause the vinyl to lift resulting in irregular cutting.

2. I would definitely change the plastic cutting strip for a new one. This will always improve cut quality. When you change it, make sure to clean all adhesive off the metal in the slot it fits into. Otherwise, it will not be perfectly flat and will give deeper cuts where it is higher.

3. You might want to slow down the cut speed to see if that helps as well.

FunkotronXL

Any luck?

If not, few questions:
How old or worn out is your blade holder? (look at the tip where the blade comes out, typically either flat and exposed bare metal when heavily worn, or mostly anodized still and in decent shape)
What type/brand of vinyl are you plotting?
This vinyl only? or is it just doing it on everything?

artofacks1

I'm using substance incorporated, I changed the plastic cutting strip and that helped but its so odd. The straight cut on the right side dont go all the way through but from center in it cuts great.

FunkotronXL

I'm using substance incorporated, I changed the plastic cutting strip and that helped but its so odd. The straight cut on the right side dont go all the way through but from center in it cuts great.

"Right" or "Center" is hard to interpret without knowing the shape you are cutting or from what angle your looking at the plotter from.

Check to make sure the cutting strip is evenly flat across along the length of the channel it is recessed into. If flat, have you tried slowing down your speed and accel settings?