• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber EnVision Cable Help

signprinter

I have an old Gerber EnVision that I want to use at fairs in a trailer, but the cord is parrallel so of course this wont work with my laptop. I have searched for a parralle to usb cable but all I can seem to find our ones that the parallel end is female and I need one that has the pins to go into the port on the cutter. Gerber has one but it is $99
I cant see this being something that is not out there so does anyone know where I might find one cheaper.
Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Gerber Envision uses a 25 pin serial comm port ... not an LPT parallel printer port. Over the years there have been many reports of attempts to use other adapters and the answer typically ends up that using the Gerber supplied adapter is the solution.

Jase

Agree with Fred, for the hassle it causes trying to test different cables and the time you are without the machine I would always recommend Gerber products. Any problems and they replace immediately.

signprinter

working!

Thanks all for your suggestions

We are "cheap!" so I opted to buy first a $6.00 com to usb cable and attached it to the original cable that came with the EnVision....Works Great! No problems reading the files, cuts just like I made them. Now not sure if this will make the difference, but I am not using the Omega software I am using Flexi 8.1...my computer is Windows 8

Just thought I would pass this along in case others run into this problem...