• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Envision error

Celine

I am consistently for the last month encounting an error that reads
"ENVISION system error #23. Unknown plot data"
and other similar errors. And what most frequently happens is the cutter forgets its shape that it needs to cut. So the labels get printed by the edge, but when it comes to the cutter(envision), instead of cutting around it, it cuts through it, and so the job needs to be restarted.
This is the main problem I am encountering.
What could be the problem?

animenick65

Not sure exactly of the problem, but make sure the cable that connects the plotter to the computer is secure on both ends. Good place to start. Hope others can be more helpful than I.

Celine

The thing is though that this error just randomly occurs. Sometimes it fine, sometimes its not. And just restarting the job usually fixes it. But this process causes us to waste a lot of resources, since the job only gets partially done and needs to be scrapped

Border

Sounds like a loose cable or circuit board possibly. Take the lower platen off the machine and unplug and replug all the cables in to make sure all the connections are good. Try reinstalling the plotter driver, etc. then call tech support if it's still acting up.