• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Gerber Fastback 650 driver help

rallyxmad

Hi

I'm new to sign making and have recently purchased a second hand Gerber Fastback 650 cutter with a PC running XP. Upon the 2nd use of the cutter the PC blew up, appears to be the motherboard. I'm now trying to get the cutter to work on my laptop running Windows 10 and a trial version of Signcut 2. I've purchased serial to USB adapter and downloaded the driver for this but I CANNOT get a driver for the cutter anywhere! I tried Mutoh but they don't do drivers for the SC650 anymore. Desparately need help as this has become a VERY expensive single use cutter.

All help will be hugely appreciated. I'm not great with computers so please keep it as simple to understand as possible!

Thanks in advance

timgo

Graphics Designer
From ebay:
Graphix Advantage 6.0 Elite - Installation CD + Manuals + Security Dongle | eBay

Graphix Advantage 6.0 Elite
This comes with:
1. Installation CD
2. Security Dongle ( Older Parallel port style).
3. User Manuals.

This software is designed for older 16 or possibly 32 bit computers. Windows 3.1, 95, 98, ME, NT4 and Windows XP.
Used for: Gerber Edge Printing, Cutting, CNC Router Machines, Sabre, etc. Buyer would likely want to up grade to latest edition of Software - Omega 6.5 CP.

Most sites have upgrade price around 895.00. New Omega 6.5 is 3,495.00.
I called GSP inc and verified with service that this Dongle Serial number is eligible for upgrade.

rallyxmad

Hi Timgo

Thanks for the reply. If I was a business user I would purchase what you have suggested but I can't justify over 400GBP on top of what I have already spent as I only need to make a few stickers every so often for myself. I've seen on some forums (a long time ago) about free driver downloads, are these still possible?

Joe House

You may have thrown your money down a very deep hole. You would have been better off just getting the stickers from an established shop.
Fasttrack connects via serial port and doesn't require drivers. The Gerber software Timgo pointed to (and even went so far as to verify the serial number for you) directly addressed the serial port. There was no driver.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rallyxmad

Joe House, I purchased the PC and cutter as it was a lot cheaper than buying the stickers. I have actually cut some stickers with it already, just on the 2nd fire up of the PC it died! Was working great to start with. I've had my moneys worth of stickers already, now I want to cut some extras.

Timgo, thanks for the help and advice so far and appreciate your research for me. I appear to be making a little progress!