• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber fonts to Illustrator?

GoodPeopleFlags

That's what I figured but thought I would ask. Here's the problem and maybe someone might can help. I had "GoudySansITCby-BlackItalic" last week and used it in a layout for about 6 different, simple signs for a cafe. My computer has been crashing so our computer guy took it Friday to reinstall the operating system. I get it back yesterday and that font - along with several others (Helveica!) - are gone! Now the customer wants to change some things on the cafe signs but when I try to open the file it wants to substitute a font. No biggie - I can import it but there are a few extra steps involved than just simply opening it. Luckily he doesn't want to change any text but I'm sure it will come up on a job soon. What to do?

Like I said, there are ways to get around it but they're just a little more time consuming.

Thanks!!!

Marlene

put your Gerber disk with your font library in and access it thru Gerber Tray. you should be able to install with font manager. I just checked mine and I'm not seeing goudysans as a Gerber font. are you sure it wasn't something you added to your Gerber fonts from another source? I'm running 3.0.0.72, what are you running?

GoodPeopleFlags

Thanks, Marlene. I do have it as a Gerber font but they're not True Type fonts. Last week I used in in Illustrator with no problem but now it's gone. I don't know how I had it in Illy to begin with. I must've gotten it from somewhere but now it's gone. So I was hoping I could somehow use my Gerber fonts in Illy.

Thanks, petepaz. I know I can do that but I'd rather fix the problem than get around it. If it was just going to be this one job, no problem! And sure, it only takes an extra 30 seconds or so but it's a problem that's going to keep coming up, I'm afriad, and it's going to get real annoying having to do that.

Thanks!

Tony Teveris

There are TrueType fonts on the Gerber Font CD and Omega 3.0 DVD.

FontManager (via GspTray) will only manage Gerber Fonts. For the TTF fonts you need to view with Windows explorer. I also think in the folder (I do not have a CD/DVD) here at home that there is a PDF of the fonts. I would not say that the TTF fonts are anything special, many of the same one in different looks. You know something to give you Signmakers something to ponder about since you never seem to get enough.

The best way to go from Gerber to AI is cut/paste or export as Ai/EPS

Malkin

On a related note, I was trying to find a way to get some Adobe fonts (like Officiana) into Gerber. Wasn't gonna happen!

Tony Teveris

The TrueType fonts are found on the Omega Font CD / Omega DVD in the TrueType folder. These does not seem to be a catalog for the TTF fonts.