• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber fx

Welder.man

Today I found a complete Gerber fx set up I offered the owner the my maximum budget of $12k and he seems interested he had $16k on it. He told me it is three years old and it has not been used for 12 months.

Any comments on this set up. Please any advice

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0464.JPG
    DSCF0464.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF0460.JPG
    DSCF0460.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0461.JPG
    DSCF0461.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF0462.JPG
    DSCF0462.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF0463.JPG
    DSCF0463.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 78

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I took his post to be in Oz dollars so some translation is needed. In U.S dollars, I have seen recent offers similar to that but with an FX much newer for around $8K to 9K USD for a used FX.

The Equipment Guy

When buying a used edge of any model, ask them to print you 2 11.75 inch high squares, use cobalt blue, print the first one with a 50% half tone and the second a linear fade from 90% to 0%. Tell them to clean the printhead first and use good quality clean 2 mil vinyl.

What you are looking for is a burnt pixel (quite obvious, its a thin white line that does not print) or in the fade a dark section that interrupts a smooth fade, this indicates a bad clutch.

I don't know about your country, but it looks a touch expensive. I do like the FX, but it would be cool if you found one bundled with an enVision plotter, they are a bit faster and make some really cool musical sounds for you, lol!

I always have used Edges on my website, no FX's currently though.

Craig

Last edited:

Welder.man

Thanks for the feedback. I went and bought the set up for $12k Australian.

it should be here in a week or so.

Now all I have to do is learn how to use it all.

Tony Teveris

Make sure you register the software. If your buying it from a per registered user I believe there is a "transfer registeration" form on our WEB site.

Welder.man

Thanks tony I will be sure to do that.

I have been looking to buy a new computer as well and was wondering if the Gerber edge fx will run on windows 7, the computer sales man suggested getting windows 7 professional as he said it has 7 and a version of xp that is handy to run older software.

Can anyone tell me just what i should be looking for in a computer system, I will be running the edge fx,a Roland GX24, a epson R2880 and the software I use is corel X4, Vinyl master pro V2.95 vista edition,

The Equipment Guy

The Edge is a no brainer, the issue you might have is that some computers do not have the serial port for the EnVision plotter.

To transfer registration...

http://www.gspinc.com/downloads/PDF/fastfacts/1006.pdf

Windows compatibility (does not include Win 7 as of yet)

http://www.gspinc.com/downloads/PDF/fastfacts/1142.pdf

Lots of other good stuff in GSP's fastfacts site...

http://www.gspinc.com/default.asp?contentID=203#EDGE

I highly recommend spending the time in the tutorial manual, its well written. then look up the fast fact on 5 easy steps to Edge printing.

Lastly for beginners once you know the things that usually stump you, you can use the "Select" drop down menu in Omega to troubleshoot. For example, you know that you are printing on only white vinyl, so when you cant figure out why it looks wrong, you go through the various selection menus and you see you can select more than one colour of vinyl, then you know your issue is that you have multiple vinyls assigned in a print job. This works for open shapes, unwanted strokes, having unwanted process work in a spot job, having cuts on or off on the wrong shapes and many other common errors.

Good luck and enjoy! They are a really fun machine to operate.

Craig

Malkin

What you are looking for is... ...in the fade a dark section that interrupts a smooth fade, this indicates a bad clutch.

Our older Edge has this issue. Is this usually an expensive fix? We don't print as much with it as we used to because of the new solvent machine, but I would like to fix this someday.

Thanks