• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber GQMgr - Windows XP and Saber 408 / Not Playing well together!

Todds

Is anyone driving a Gerber Router - Sabre 408 through the GQMgr running on an xp machine (or higher vista - win7). I can't seem to get my router to talk to the GQMgr via serial port. I have an "old" 98 box stuck in the corner that we use to drive our router. Once it dies (only a matter of time), I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've tried running GQMgr on many xp systems. It runs okay, but as soon as I output a job, it times out in the GQMgr (no communication between that and the router). An insight?

Tony Teveris

If anyone is using Gerber software you can only interface to the Sabre via GQMgr, so with that said I would first check the cable. Off the top of my head I do not know the "pin out" of the cable. With Sabres grounding between the Sabre and computer can be a problem also. For more info it would be best to contact TechSupport.

e3mada

***error***

Running XP with Omega 2.0- Sabre 408. Installed new serial ports. Settings are matched. Output the job, controller lights blink, hit start, "***ERROR*** PLOT DATA COMMAND". Whats going on? Help please.