Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber GS15plus

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Tel, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Tel

Tel Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    I have a GS15 plus cutter which I use in conjuction with an edge, recently the Theta belt lost some of its teeth and whilst I am waiting for a new one I have pulled off the shelf, one of my old super sprints with keyboard, and I am using that, a great cutter it is too, what I have noticed is that the super sprint is far quieter in operation than the GS15 plus and I am wondering if this is normal or that I possibly have a problem with the gs15 plus that caused the belt failure. I am quite good mechanically and can see nothing untoward.
    The GS15plus sounds like a roland when its cutting but the super sprint is much quieter in operation.
    Is the GS15plus normally noisy
    regards
    Tel

Tags:
  2. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

It's noisy

3. Tel

Tel Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Thanks Tony
    regards
    Tel

4. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Yup...what he said. I have a very noisy GS15...I like to think of it as the sound of money being made.

5. Tel

Tel Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    love that line of thought JB :)
    regards
    Tel