• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Gs750 plus help!!

lobokun

ok, im new about this so its a little bit harder to get this machine working.
so every time i want to cut a design the machine starts and it starts to cut for a little while than out of no where it stop and it began to continuously beep with both run cont. and run single lights flashing. i dont know whats the problem hopefully someone can help
here is the design i want to cut
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4639/38139098.jpg

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
When you say you're new to this, is this plotter only just recently setup? If so what software are you using and did you check the setup of the Rainbow Sentinel Driver?

lobokun

well yeas machine was just recently set up and its my first time cutting. anyway the software im using its called ecut its a plugin for corel draw , because i bought it without omega software

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not sure what to tell you then. You're probably running the plotter as an HPGL generic. The only other thing that comes to mind would be if the tool head is striking the top or bottom limit switch when you are cutting. The plotter has a limit of 28" before it has to panel. Not using Gerber software, you may be sending a job that is too tall to run but your software likely doesn't know that.

Tony Teveris

Since you are not using Gerber software here is what I would try.

Create a "junk" job with rectangles and ovals (circles) and see if it will cut.

The HPGL does NOT support curved data (bezier curves) so the software you are using to cut with has to "break" down the curves into small chords.

With the job you are showing there are some pretty tight corners and I wonder if the contouring logic is what we calll "sinking out" the X/Y axis.

So lets try the simple job just to see if the plotter works on some "easy" data. You can try some bigger text also, maybe 5" height.

Thats what I would try first.

GoodPeopleFlags

That happened to mine for awhile. In my case, I think it was a spooler issue. I posted a thread about it. Do a search here for it or a google search. Eventually, we just started using the backup plotter more often, as we had a Graphtec for our main one. Good luck!

lobokun

Not sure what to tell you then. You're probably running the plotter as an HPGL generic. The only other thing that comes to mind would be if the tool head is striking the top or bottom limit switch when you are cutting. The plotter has a limit of 28" before it has to panel. Not using Gerber software, you may be sending a job that is too tall to run but your software likely doesn't know that.

well from the user manual it says to use this settings and i did
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5466/fha.gif

@Tony yeah for simple jobs it works like rectangles and ovals even letters.
i also used a software called signtools 4 which does the same thing it does every simple task but when i add this design it has the same problem

Tony Teveris

If possible, try doing just selected sections of the job to pin down what letter or graphic may be causing the problem. When it stops is it always in the same place ?

Do any of the apps your using allow you to define a "chord tolerance" when converting curves to chords, if so maybe fooling around with this will make a difference.