• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber GS750 Plus ISSUES !!!

1toolmaker

Looking for some help on this one....

I replaced the knife timing belt onmy cutter, proper belt part, I set the timing back up to the 9 oclock position and locked it in place. Now when I send a cut to the plotter, it cuts correctly for the first few lines, then seems to cut with the wrong side of the blade edge and drags the knife on the rubber. When I turn the machine off and check the knife position it is still set at the 9 oclock position ???

Any ideas out there what I can check ?? As of right now I can not use this machine !! HELP

Chuck :help

Kritze

hope this helps Chuck

This might be the problem. On the back and underside of the carriage spindle, below the tool force dial, you will see a round clamp - it has a screw in it that clamps into the groove on the stainless steel rod that the assembly moves on. Sometime that screw comes out of the groove and the blade will loose it's orientation and cut every which way. use an allen wrench i believe and adjust the tightness of the screw into the groove. you will have to play around with this adjustment. I used to put too much oil on the steel rods and believe that is why it slipped out of the groove. hope this helps.

John