• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber GSx Communication problem

tntnuchia

I know there has got to be a trick to this but i haven't a clue as to what is is.

The Problem:
Gerber GSx plotter uses a LPT cable

Omega 2.5 Only gives the option COM1...2...3...etc. no LPT.

I have plenty of LPT cables and I also have a switch box....Just do not know how to make it all work. Anyone else have this same set up?

Thanks

Tony Teveris

Gerber cutters will NOT use and parallel (LPT) cable and you must have the correct cable (pi outs) for the particular cutter.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think you're confusing 25 pin serial comm ports with 25 pin printer lpt ports. The Gerber plotters use serial cables.

Comm ports can be 9 pin or 25 pin and adapters are available for a couple of bucks at places like Radio Shack if you need to convert between them.

Here's a link to help you.

tntnuchia

Ok by what I have read over the last few days, I should have a 25 pin to 9 pin serial cable from Gerber that came with this plotter. That cable I do not have.

Do you know if I have to have that cable from Gerber or will any 25 pin to 9 pin cable work?

Guys I really appreciate your time and advice on this matter.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I would suggest buying the correct one from Gerber since they sometimes have different pin out settings. If you have a suitable serial cable available, it can't hurt anything to try it first ... it will either work or it won't.