• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber HS 15 cuts first label and stops

delr

Our Gerber HS15 suddenly started working incorrectly. It only cuts the first label and then quits. It seems to think it is finished with the job even though there is a page full of labels left to print. Has anyone run into this before? We thought maybe it was something weird in the job file so we tried old jobs (that have worked in the past) and the same thing happens. Any ideas? Someone told me it probably needs a new motherboard. Are those still available?

Marlene

a couple of quick questions. does it just stop and make no noise? no beeps, no nothing and then goes thru the re-wind thing that it does when it really is finished? mine stopped a while back and I got it to work by setting the speed down from 100% to around 80% or lower. if it beeps or does anything but act like it's really done, try cleaning the bars that the cutter rides on and then try differnent speed settings. if it's acting as it does when it really is finished, I have no clue.

delr

More detail

I got a little more detail on what happens:
Twice, the HS15 has cut the first instance (label or whatever) and stopped as if it was finished (no beeping). The first time this happened, the designer cut and pasted the original job into a new file and it finished correctly. The second time this occurred, cutting and pasting the job didn't work.
Every other time we'ved tried to use it, the HS15checks the register, cuts the register and then starts beeping and continues to beep until we cancel the job.
Our operating system is Windows XP, we are using version 2007 (I think) and we have not made any version or software changes.
We will try the cleaning and speed changes and let you know what happens.

Tony Teveris

I'll assume your running Omega??

First, when you cut/paste and output selected or all are you setting up the repeats in GspPlot?

Second, when setting up the job in GspPlot it is best to setup both the print and cut parameters at the same time, then print, then cut. Do NOT setup to print and print and then come back later and setup to cut because you are just asking for trouble.

If you plan on printing and then later (way later) cutting then you should do as a said above, setup both print and cut and then save the output in a Spool file w/ both print and cut info. Then you can print today and cut next week if you want with the same spool file and not have to remember your settings.

From your post it sounds like your printing / cutting are disjointed. I could be wrong!!!