Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber HS15+ and Windows XP Pro? Are they compatible?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by jamers8, Jan 4, 2008.

1. jamers8

jamers8 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Currently, I am running Windows 2000. I would like to switch over to Windows XP Pro but am hesitant because of the HP15+ that I am still using. The HP15+ is in good working condition so upgrading to a new model just doesn't seem cost effective. Why fix it if it ain't broke, right? Also, I am using Gerber Omega Composer v.2.1.0.457.

1. Is anyone else using an HP15+ and/or Composer v.2.1 while running XP?

2. Where there any problems or issues during re-installation of the drivers?Do I need to contact Gerber for updated drivers or will XP figure it out?

3. Any hints or tips to make it easier?

Thanks,
    Jamie

Tags:
  2. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    There is no problem, both os's are NTFS you may need a driver if you are using a USB to serial cable

3. MobileImpact

MobileImpact Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Beer:beeralways helps!

4. jamers8

jamers8 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait till the end of the week just in case I run into any problems (plus, the beer might just be needed!!!)

5. deadman

deadman Member

Dec 27, 2007
    i run it all day long, easy as pie!