• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber HS15 plus

davidbertrand

I have an older Gerber HS15 Plus Plotter with a broken X axis gear. Does anyone one have any suggestions as to where I can locate a gear? Gerber cannot even give me a date they can find one. I would also be interested in purchasing a matching plotter to mine as a parts machine.

welcome...........

i have the exact same plotter. i got my gear through gerber in a day so.....not much help there i'm afraid! if you look on craigs list or ebay, sometimes they come up on there so you can buy one for parts.

Tel

If your looking to buy used parts for the HS15 be careful, make sure it's from a HS15 plus and not from super sprints although the cutter part of a sprint may look similar they are not belts etc are all different, the parts from a GS15 may be compatable as I believe the only difference between the HS and GS15 plus id the knife the GS15 plus uses a tangential knife and the HS a swivel knife

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The length of the Theta axis belts is different for various Gerber plotters, but as far as the X-axis gear, I doubt that there is any difference between the first ones used in the original Signmaker machines, the current GS series and every 15" plotter in between that has a rotating drum.

In other words, every Signmaker, Sprint, SuperSprint, HS15 and GS15 plotter uses the same X-Axis gear.

StarSign

Give you salesman(or the company you buy most of you product from) a talking to they might know a customer that has one for parts.

Tel

I have 2 supersprints and a GS 15 plus and yes the theta belts are certainly different the motors are different and the shafts are different thicknesses, I also have a supersprint for spares and nothing I have needed from it has fitted the GS15 plus yet although I have not used a gear, I would just say be cautious.

Marlene

I think Gerber ships to "k"... Gerber is where to get your Gerber parts. they may also know who sells used equipment.

signsandsuch

HS15 gear

I replace a gear on our hs15 many years ago. I used a gear for a hobby shop where my boys got parts for there remote control cars.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think Gerber ships to "k"... Gerber is where to get your Gerber parts. they may also know who sells used equipment.

Not so sure about "k" but "l" and "m" for sure. This guy took the trouble to register then never came back for his answers. He edited all his viewable registration info before he left to read "k".

Tel

I replace a gear on our hs15 many years ago. I used a gear for a hobby shop where my boys got parts for there remote control cars.

Now that's a great tip as I fly radio control Helicopters and Planes and deal with lots of hobby shops and never thought of trying that avenue. When we only had one supersprint I remember replacing a gear and thought it was expensive. We were in fact able to buy a second hand machine of ebay for less than the price of a gear which we did but it was in fact very usable so we keep that as a working machine and we bought a non working one for very little cash, and guess what since I have had it I haven't needed a gear or motor or anything.
Thanks for the tip anyway just one thing it's a pet hate of mine remote control is the old ones with a wire from the model to the transmitter. I suspect your boys use radio control

Tony Teveris

The info I get from support is:

Here is the part number we are expecting 50 of them to be delivered from the supplier and on the shelf by 11/25/

P39659C SSP/HS15 X AXIS DRIVE GEAR

If you need help installing the part just call in to Customer Service. The HS15+ is still a serviceable machine.

FERRARI

Looking for x axis gear /hs15 plus

HI guys
I am also looking for the X AXIS GEAR for my HS15 plus plotter
the gear is 2.5" in diameter
thanks for looking
Mark (954) 338-5211 florida

FERRARI

yes FRED....HS15 PLUS X AXIS WHITE PLASTIC GEAR

was looking @ DELRIN PLASTIC GEARS it has 120 teeth 2.5 in diameter
just in case...
thanks again ...FRED