Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber HS15+ weird problem???

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by MCV, Jun 17, 2012.

1. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    This has only shown up in my last few runs but when cutting just 2ml vinyl the blade is cutting right through the vinyl and backing and the force is set at 0. I am using a 45 degree blade and it is NOT brand new I think is was changed a couple weeks ago so I am not sure what the issue might be.

Is there anything I can try?

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Change to a 30° blade which is the recommended angle for that plotter with that material. You should also have what is called a theta washer on the blade holder where it rests on the lift fork. A theta washer is a thin plastic washer that reduces wear on the lift fork.

Chances are you have a chipped blade anyway.

3. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I will try just switching up the blade. I have never had an issue with the 45 degree blade it has only been recently since it started to do this. Thanks for the reply.