Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Ion NOT printing the Correct length?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by FutureSigns, Nov 9, 2012.

1. FutureSigns

FutureSigns Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Hamilton, NJ
    Hi everyone!!

Has anyone had a similar issue to ours?

Using Onyx ProductionHouse - Gerber Ion

Yesterday I printed a bunch of 6' dibond boards and they came out .25" short. I thought this was only happening when I wanted to print a full 4' x 8' sheet but I was wrong. 4' is always correct. Prints look beautiful but really need to fix this issue.

Thanks!!

Tags:
  2. GVP

GVP Active Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Swift Current, SK
    I'd be interested to hear if there's a general reason for this - we sometimes have the same issue on our Versacamm and can't nail the reason behind it.

3. petesign

petesign Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Hoover AL
    Media comp settings, or heat. look and see if you are getting much banding, all those passes if they are the slightest bit off, can add up. Or your material is getting hot and stretching, and cooling and shrinking. (i've had banner do that before)

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    doubt dibond is expanding. but I'd say feed comp, or fiddle with output size comp in the RIP if you are able

5. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

I would contact Gerber @ 800-828-5406 the are waiting for your call.

6. FutureSigns

FutureSigns Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Hamilton, NJ
    Thanks for the information. To be safe I guess I should call Gerber. It just doesn't make sense. The prints look beautiful Not banded at all. So I think adjusting the Y axis wouldn't work. Does anyone else have this problem on their Ion?