• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GERBER JOB NEEDING COLOURS HELP IN THE UK

Titch Sanders

Hi Folks,
inevitably help needed in the UK here, regarding posting something out if possible..
I have attached (hopefully) a picture trying to show these colours, Dark Blue & Orangy Red... it's for a 1980's HONDA CB100N fuel tank & sides.. printed onto a Silver (Hexis in my case) vinyl.. I haven't got the colours and don't really want to buy in & experiment more foils.. as I'm sure you'll appreciate..

I'm thinking Navy Blue.. but that Red... Orange is too light...
I have the file saved as a plt Gerber file, or cdl Signlab, for the cutting.. is there anyone out there willing to help me if possible with this??
Many Thanks,
Titch Sanders
nqujt.jpg

spooledUP7

You are ultimately going to need to experiment this on your own. The silver substrate is going to affect the color output more than any foil combination and my guess is there are far less Gerber owners on this site who have silver for their gerber.
That said, you are going to need to use material in order to sort this out. If you said Red Orange is too light then double hit it. If that's too light then print Magenta over or under. In other words, experiment with what you have. We don't know what foils you have so it would be impossible to give you an answer for a specific color which we do not have a reference to other than some obscure motorcycle tank from the 80's.

Oh, Zero Nine Midnight blue double hit would be my suggestion for the navy. ;)

Hi Folks,
inevitably help needed in the UK here, regarding posting something out if possible..
I have attached (hopefully) a picture trying to show these colours, Dark Blue & Orangy Red... it's for a 1980's HONDA CB100N fuel tank & sides.. printed onto a Silver (Hexis in my case) vinyl.. I haven't got the colours and don't really want to buy in & experiment more foils.. as I'm sure you'll appreciate..

I have the file saved as a plt Gerber file, or cdl Signlab, for the cutting.. is there anyone out there willing to help me if possible with this??
Many Thanks,
Titch Sanders
nqujt.jpg

Why is your title yelling?

Titch Sanders

Hi Folks again,
thank you for the comments, yes, a wild one really.. just hoping someone over here in the UK may have done these specific colours for a Honda motorbike... difficult to decide on experimenting any further, as much as I really do wish to do the job for a good customer, how far do I go I ask myself..
But yes, thanks again.. comments noted.
Also, my title 'yelling'? Enlighten me please??
Thank You,
Titch

Joe House

Hi Folks again,
thank you for the comments, yes, a wild one really.. just hoping someone over here in the UK may have done these specific colours for a Honda motorbike... difficult to decide on experimenting any further, as much as I really do wish to do the job for a good customer, how far do I go I ask myself..
But yes, thanks again.. comments noted.
Also, my title 'yelling'? Enlighten me please??
Thank You,
Titch
In the world of digital communications, typing in all caps is considered yelling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Titch Sanders

Hi there,
Hey, sounds good...let's not spend too much time/materials on this.. although I would like to do it...
I have to nip out now, but do work from home....any chance we could talk later?? Much appreciated,
Titch

Hielorojo

Hi Folks,

Many Thanks,
Titch Sanders
nqujt.jpg
If you want send me it to me, I have a spectratone book here in Spain and could help you, I have a loto of eps for classics bikes ;)

Titch Sanders

Hi there,
This is interesting thank you too.
How do I find an email for folk on here? I can operate my Gerber ok, but not too technical otherwise sorry..
Regards,
Titch

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I would assume you'd be able to Spectratone it. Have you tried matching it to a PMS and using Color ID with Spectratone set as the output?

Titch Sanders

Hi,
whilst I appreciate everyone's help with this.. Spectratone/PMS etc is beyond me technically....sorry but thanks obviously..
Titch

FunkotronXL

Are you trying to make the piece in the attached image? This one looks a bit faded. Referencing the ancient spectratone book: Transparent Orange overprinting Orange or vice-versa is a good bet. You may want to back it with White print.

eba36e059a4cff6ec180a16c8ebc6eba.jpg

Titch Sanders

Sorry for a late reply on this.
Yes, exactly that little bike.. I have overprinted onto White and seem to have got a pretty decent result. So thanks for the input from all here!!
Sent up to customer, so I'll await the comments..
Thanks,
Titch

alistair

Hi, did you ever resolve this? I have a spectratone book.

Also I have a quite a few foils that I don’t need if you’re interested?

JD93

Only came across this thread now, did you get sorted? We've a heap of foils and vinyls for our Edge, might be able to work something out with you to get you sorted

alistair

Only came across this thread now, did you get sorted? We've a heap of foils and vinyls for our Edge, might be able to work something out with you to get you sorted
Hi, have you got any foils for sale / swap?
I have quite a few multiples of colours that I don’t need.