Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber/MCT Cutter Q&A

Discussion in 'User Product Reviews' started by mjlimager, Jan 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mjlimager

mjlimager New Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Illinois
    We just purchased Gerber's MCT Cutter with router and variety of knife cutting tools. We're new to CNC and looking for any assistance out there, especially those familiar with MCT, TigerVision and Onyx Thrive 19 software. I don't have any specific questions at the moment, but interested in growing a forum. Please shout out if interested, thank you!

Tags:
  2. tonyconner20

tonyconner20 Production Manager

Oct 7, 2014
    Charlotte
    Hey, I have an MCT VersaTECH2 3.2m x 1.6m. No laser. Lots of tools to choose from though. We mostly run the tangential knife and router. Electric knife for cardboard and thick paper products like Xanita board. Some things are great, others are lacking but overall it's a steady work horse. We've had it just over a year now and bought it from MCT before they were acquired by Gerber. I"ve had to tighten down both the X and Y drives because the router cuts get sloppy if there is any play in the gear and it already doesn't create smooth curved vectors.

3. mjlimager

mjlimager New Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Illinois
    Thanks for the feedback Tony! We're just getting our feet wet and realizing there's a huge learning curve. We have a tech stopping out soon as I suspect it's slightly out of square.