• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Odysessy Plotter

cr.designs

Does anyone have a Gerber Odysessy Plotter? Do you like the machine, is it still good compared to the newer machines out there?

Malkin

We have one, still works just fine.

I like the electronic eye that keeps the vinyl running straight, so no worries about long runs.

I don't like the fact that it only uses 3 pinch rollers for the 48" width, I have seen the vinyl buckle a little and I think more rollers would help. Our vp540 has 7 rollers across 54" and it's more stable.

Also, it doesn't have the eye to pick up registration marks to do print & cut.

Generally it's a solid machine, but I don't have any experience with newer plotters (except the aforementioned Roland vp540)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Odyssey is a discontinued model. How long service and parts will be available is anybody's guess.

baxter gamble

Darn fine cutter. One of the best ever made. If you can find one used and it's in good condition, I'd sure check it out. We've had 2 and love em.

Stevo

I used to run one. We purchased the first one here in the province. It was such a breeze! No worries on long runs for tracking. It did have a few bugs at first, it would cut a very slightly different size if I had to use the HS15 on the same job for layering. But the bugs did get worked out. If ya get it, just make sure all the firmware is updated. It is a great machine!

Stevo