• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber omega 2.02 on Windows 7 (64bit)

Malkin

I wasted several hours trying to find a way to put 1.56 on Win7.

I got hung up on getting the driver for the dongle installed.

smdgrfx

I just installed the new 3.0 on 64bit win 7 and I am having the same problem with dongle. I'm going to try again next week. I got tired of jacking with it last month. Gerber seems narrow minded when it comes to working with newer technology...that isn't Gerber brand.

Tony Teveris

I've been using Omega 2.5, 2.6, 3.0 and now 4.0 on Windows 7 (64 bit) since the before it was release to the public with no problems. We do not have a Edge I/II output solution for any 64 bit OS yet. 64 bit OSs require 64 bit drivers which we will be working on next.

Malkin

That would be cool, one of these days our old xp machine running the Edge will croak, it would be great to be able to just replace it with a win7 machine.

Zambookajoe

true, and try finding a a new xp machine there getting pretty rare. I finally upgraded to omega only a year an a half ago from ga 6.2 its always pay and upgrade 40 different ways I know its always for the best but god dam
Gerber is intelligent enough to make a version thats compatible with every operating system. well they are still pretty intelligent they make you pay for it.LOL

smdgrfx

Yep, I'm getting tired of being tied to Win XP just to run my Edge I....I have been wanting to try it on 32bit Win 7, but I've been reluctant. Just don't want to go through the headache for possibly nothing....Tony, will the Edge I work on Win 7 32 bit?

smdgrfx

Okay...a revisit...after hearing Tony say it will work...

I reinstalled the drivers on my Win7 x64 and Omega 3.0 is working. Just the design station. Now, I'm going to try and run the Edge I next week on a Win7 32 bit when I have time.

I setup Omega 2.6 on Vista x64 last year, but there were no drivers for the Edge, so I didn't fool with it again. Tony, are you guys really working on 64 bit drivers? If so, when will they be available?

Tony Teveris

As soon as Omega 4.0 (this week or next) gets out the door the 64 bit driver for the Edge I/II is one of the first things on the list.

tanneji

win 7 pro and ultimate can install a virtual copy of win xp ... that should work with some of the older stuff

hydo1

I don't want to thread hijack but I have a friend at another sign company who is having a hard time getting Omega 2.5 to run on Windows 7. It loads in DEMO mode only. Is there an updated version of the Rainbow Sentinel driver that needs to be loaded for it to work? I forgot to ask if he was running 32 or 64 bit.

Tony Teveris

If it's 32 bit the driver is on the DVD and should install. He can search the DVD and the SafeNet driver has it's own install.

No typo, Omega 4.0 is ready to go.

Gaugeco Inc.

I use windows 7 and Omega 2.02 daily...Mine is the 32 bit version though and Windows 7 Ultimate. All I had to do was right click and turn the compatibility on for windows xp and it fixed the problem. You have to do this during installation as well for the setup file and same with the Rainbow drivers.

BryanQ

I use windows 7 and Omega 2.02 daily...Mine is the 32 bit version though and Windows 7 Ultimate. All I had to do was right click and turn the compatibility on for windows xp and it fixed the problem. You have to do this during installation as well for the setup file and same with the Rainbow drivers.

Man I sure wish I knew exactly what you did. I cannot load it to save my life!

Gaugeco Inc.

I would say just make sure to turn on the compatibility on to windows XP for the rainbow driver install and same with the omega install. Also you want to turn on compatibility for any program in the GSP folder after you install OMEGA.

L7Graphix

Edge 1 with Windows 7 Pro 64bit fix

I have used Omega 2.x thru 3.x on both XP Pro 32 and Vista Business 32 with no installation issues at all. Running an older HS15+, Embosstrack 48 and an Edge 1. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit since I also use Adobe CS5 Master Collection and wanted to make use of more than 4GB of RAM. Everything installed fine from the disc including the sentinel driver without having to download any updates. My only issue was with the parallel port error when it came to sending a job to the edge. If it weren't for the 64bit version things should have worked just like they did in Vista 32 since 7 is not a new OS but just a working version of Vista, which means the drivers should be identical. It's the 64bit that creates the issue. After trying a bunch of workarounds to solve the issue I just decided to purchase a USB to parallel adapter. I have read on the GSP site that they have only tested a few that they can recommend. The one I bought (see below)worked immediately out of the box without having to download any of the updates Gerber was recommending. It recognized the adapter right away and I was able to send a test job to the edge and print without issue. So anyone having the same problems with 64bit I recommend just moving on to the USB since it transmits data quicker anyway. I understand that Gerber has a kit they sell but I am unsure of the cost. Here is the link to Newegg's page and it was $12.99 plus $2.99 for 3 day shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=parallel_to_usb-_-12-224-011-_-Product