• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega 2.6 with Desay Master XY-300P

toleson1

The question: Has anyone ever successfully ran a Desay Master XY-300P from Gerber Omega 2.6 through a serial to USB conversion? Is it possible? If so how did you accomplish this?

We currently have the Desay Master XY-300P running through the connection mentioned above from a free software trial of SignGo which is about to expire and considering we have 2 dongle/licensed copies of Gerber Omega 2.6 I would really like to run it from one of our work stations loaded with the Omega software.

The Story: We acquired a Desay Master XY-300P cutter that is like brand new believe it or not that came with some other equipment we bought in a package deal. We are currently running it from the SignGo software and the cutter actually does a nice job aside from the fact that I think it wakes up the neighbors when it is running! I would like to use it as a back up or for cutting items for walk in customers that are in a hurry when our Graphtec & HS15 plus are busy cutting other orders.

Any help would be awesome! I am thinking I may just need a compatible driver or something of the like. This has became one of those things I just need to make work because I haven't been able to get it to cut right. I have tried several of the pre-installed drivers in Omega and can get the cutter to respond but it doesn't cut right.

Any Ideas? :thankyou:

Thank Ya!
Troy