• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega 4.0 font issues...

Malkin

So I have an issue that I hope can be solved...

A quick backstory:
We have 4 stations that run Omega 3.0 (2 CP and 2 CS). Only 1 is used for outputting to our plotter (older HS15plus). That station had been replaced with a new Win7 machine, which required a special USB to Serial conversion cable to connect to to the plotter. The conversion cable required Omega 4.0 to work.

4.0 had been installed side-by-side with 3.0 and works/outputs just as advertised.

The problem is all our extra fonts (in .GSF format) that we had in 3.0 don't seem to have a place in 4.0, the new version seems to not save the fonts in the same manner. I can't just copy the folder of fonts over like with previous upgrades. This includes all of the converted true type fonts (like A&S and others) and any other extra fonts that were included with 3.0.

This means that I cannot open an existing job file that uses those fonts and make edits, because the new version will force a font substitution.

I hope I have explained my issue clearly. I realize that we can always work in 3.0, and only use 4.0 to output, but that limitation is annoying and would seem unnecesary.

:thankyou:

Malkin

Found the answer...

For anyone else that may come across this issue:
First set Win7 to show all hidden system file & folders..!
You will then find Omega 4.0 fonts in [DRIVE]:\ProgramData\Gerber\Fonts and can copy over the GSF font files from 3.0 with no issue.

Tony Teveris

Under Omega 4.0 and future releases we (Gerber) are playing by rules set forth by Microsoft in the area of where files belong. These locations change depending upon the OS (XP, Vista and Windows 7, etc) so we have a Start Up menu item under Gerber Omega 4.0 called "Gerber Folder Locations". Seleting any of these folder will launch a Windows Explorer to the correct folder.

Sorry I did not see your post sonner.