• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega 4.0 users...quick question

threeputt

Is anyone else having this particular glitch? Certain times text won't ungroup. When you go to Smart Edit, the options are greyed out. As if Smart Edit has already been removed. But when you double click on the text, sure enough, you go back to the text entry dialog box, no problem.

My problem is I can't seem to get the text ungrouped. I've tried even using the other selection tool and tried uncombining.

Also tried saving the file and re-opening the file.

This is weird and only since my upgrade to 4.0. And then not on all fonts.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Unless you have a reason not to do so, try either or both of these approaches:

• Copy all and paste into a new workspace to see if that fixes it.
  • Save the job as a 3.0 PLT file and then reopen it in 4.0.

threeputt

Fred, the first suggestion we had already tried. No go.

Your second suggestion is a winner!

Now, is this something we're going to have to "live with"? Or is Gerber working on a fix? Do you happen to know?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, the first suggestion we had already tried. No go.

Your second suggestion is a winner!

Now, is this something we're going to have to "live with"? Or is Gerber working on a fix? Do you happen to know?

No idea but it would seem to isolate it to version 4. Tony is the guy to deal with it, so make sure he knows about it.

Tony Teveris

If you have problems w/ Omega 4.0 you should report them via the Gerber application called PERU. With this app you state your problem, you can attach any files you want and email the report to Gerber (the address is built in). we look at the report database everyday to see if we need more info, if we see trends from more then one user, etc.

I do not have a problem with you posting here or other boards, the more eyes the better but there are eyes at Gerber that do not look at boards.