Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Gerber Omega 6.5 Win 10x USB to Graphtec FC4100-75

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Skeezix, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Skeezix

Skeezix New Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Playa Del Rey, California
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    You need to install the drivers before you plug in the USB to Serial adapter. If not, remove it in the device manager, making sure that you remove the associated drivers and install the drivers before plugging in the adapter. Then it should show up under the "Ports - Com and LPT" section in device manager. Find it there and see what com port it's assigned to. In your Gerber add plotter window, use the com port that is assigned to your adapter - do not select USB as your port. It's worked every time for me.

Good Luck

3. Mark Van Dillen

Mark Van Dillen New Member

May 15, 2017
    Foristell, MO
    I am in the same situation and need to upgrade my Omega. How much is upgrade and where do you get it?

4. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    stlouis@nglantz.com

nglantz.com

866-NGLANTZ

(Grimco is a Gerber distributor, but NGlantz has been at it much longer - go with knowledge)

5. Mark Van Dillen

Mark Van Dillen New Member

May 15, 2017
    Foristell, MO
    Appreciated!