• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega cs 2.61 and Allen 48" cutter settings missing.

Tom S

Hey folks
I recently bought an Allen Datagraph 848 to compliment my older 836 and I got Gerber omega cs 2.5 that I updated to 2.61 from gerber with it so it is a bit of a learning phase as I was used to using the borrowed flexi system i had.
The software is pretty intuitive and I am getting around well but the only part that I cant seem to make work is the cut settings in gspplot.
Omega found and loaded up the 848 right away and has been cutting well but I cant change any cut settings, everything is grey'd out and unselectable.
Am I missing something or is it a driver compatibility issue or some software setting i missed?
On the same Allen driver version the flexi system allowed me to set force and speed, etc but not the Omega.
Any ideas to resolve this?
Thanks
Tom.

Jburns

Hello,.

So if its greyed out - I don't think Omega can set those machine settings for you. - it may only be able to send the cut file. So machine settings would have to be set at the machine, not the software.
thats my guess.

Tom S

Thats a shame, I rather liked using the software.
I would think if they support the machine in its device list they should be able to change the settings.. I suppose its possible, i've seen worse from software devs.
I may take a shot in the dark and shoot off an email to gerber and hope someone answers without a huge support bill because the software is so outdated.
Thanks for the reply.

Jburns

sounds good - hopefully they can help with your older version. - i would simply ask - is plotter settings controls available with allen datagraph and Omega in general- if they say yes- then ask which versions

Tattoosleeve

There is a place where you can switch this on/off in composer in order to get access to the plotter settings inside the software. Can't remember where it was but I did come across the same issue a few weeks back. Probably in the connection settings window for the device. Ie where you tell it if it's usb/port etc.

Tom S

I've gone through every menu i could find and nothing seemed like it was related. if you recall closer to where it was please let me know.
Cheers!

Tattoosleeve

Maybe you resolved this already but you could also try loading the plotter into gspplot as a generic gpgl or hpgl machine instead of the actual model?

jimdtg

If you already tried with Flexi and it allows you to set up some parameters so I think problem may come from Gerber's built-in driver for your Datagraph 848.

Tom S

I'm inclined to agree, I intend to email Gerber and see what they say, i've just been a little busy with other projects at the moment.
Thanks.
Tom.

Tom S

Well Gerber is officially useless.
I sent an email over a week ago and no reply at all, not even one to say they can't help me. If that is their idea of a support department then I think I need to trash the software and get something from a company who is willing to stand behind it.

Bert Wondervan

I sent an email over a week ago and no reply at all, not even one to say they can't help me. If that is their idea of a support department then I think I need to trash the software and get something from a company who is willing to stand behind it.

What is your Windows version?

jimdtg

Why do you not switch to Flexi to use?