• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega Dongle

willw

Hi,

My boss would like to purchase a second dongle for our Gerber Omega 1.56.0.19 software. I'm assuming that he wants to use 1 copy of software on two computers, and use 1 dongle for each computer (2 computers, 2 dongles, 1 copy of software). Is this possible? Also, where should a second dongle be purchased?

Thanks for the help.

threeputt

I may not have this correct, but I believe that when someone upgrades their software they have to send in the dongle and receive another one back.

So consequently, I don't think any current users of Omega would have an extra dongle.

Could be wrong about this, but we have two design stations and had to buy seperate copies of the software license.

iSign

running 2 copies of dongle protected software is achievable one legal way, which is to license 2 copies of the software... but unless your boss has 2 edges to run (or routers, or whatever...) he may not need a second seat of the full version of Omega. He may be interested in a license for a "design station" version of Omega, which will be less expensive, but allow a designer to build or edit files, to save for the production people to output from the other workstation.