• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega

metallica1973

I had to reinstall Gerber Omega 1.56 in XP. The reinstall went fine. I choose both plotter printers and ran test pages and they worked fine. The problem is that whenever I close composer and try and reopen it , it takes several minutes to do so or most of the times it doesnt open it all. After reading the documentation it says that it is compatible with windows 98, Millenium, and 2000. This is my first attempt to install this app and also wanted to know is there any additional steps that I need to take to complete the install. All I did was attach the key on the parallel port and install from the CDROM. Help!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The problem is most likely the Rainbow Sentinel configuration or the driver itself.

The configuration should be set to Yes for the parallel port where the dongle is and No for any other parallel port. If you are running an Edge, the recommended setup is to have two parallel ports with the dongle on one and the Edge on the other.

Here's a link to the latest drivers.

metallica1973

The two plotter that we use is Gerber Envision 750 and Graftec pc2100-60A. We dont use EDGE. The dongle is connected to the parallel port and it has a pass-through connector! Are there any setting changes that I need to look into. How would I look into the Rainbow Sentinel Configuration? How can I determine the version of key that I have. It says on the parallel key port(Omega CP MIP software 1.5)

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Rainbow Sentinel configuration on my machine is located at:

"C:\Program Files\Rainbow Technologies\Sentinel System Driver\SetupSysDriver.exe"

A shortcut for it appears in my GSP Omega program group under my Start menu > Programs. I am running Omega version 2.1. My dongle is a USB type so I am going by memory as far as the parallel style dongles.

The link I supplied you has a link for each style dongle that will show you a picture of it when clicked.