• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber P2C Not finding Black Cut Markers

foremost

Hi,

We currently have an issue with our Gerber P2C that involves the cutter laser not being able to find the black markers that the printer prints for the 1% Cyan Path. With laminated vinyl we have to place black squares on the top which usually works. The past 2 - 4 months the issue has got worst by the laser not finding these black markers and would just continue to scan for these till user interaction (turn the thing off). At the moment it seems to be pot luck with it finding the dots and has took me 30 minutes for it to find 4 black markers that should take seconds. We have used compressed air to blow off any dust, cleaned the lazer and even moved the cutter to a differnt part of the room to see if it was the natural light that was the issue.

We are just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this and any known reasons for this happening?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Charlie on behalf of Foremost Signs
England, UK