• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Plotter Choice

paul luszcz

Our HS15 plotter is on it's last legs and Gerber doesn't support it. I'm looking at some used Edge/plotter combos and wondered what the plotter most Edge users prefer.

The HS15 is a tangential/drag knife combo like the GS15 except four times faster. The Envision is a drag knife only but four times faster yet (50 vs. 15 vs. 4 ft/sec).

Does the Envision cut as well as the GS15 or it all flash?

Molenbeek

Hi Paul

Alot of it depends on what you are cutting. if it is vinyl- the enVision 375 will blow you away! its almost twice as fast as the HS15 and does a great job. But if you are trying to cut really small circles in Lexedge all day long- the GS will definitely do a better job for consistent round holes.

But that said- the enVision 375 is definitely the most versatile and easy plotter as the settings are all automatically adjusted by the Omega. Makes it nice and easy to use.

let me know how i can help with any of them!

Matt
Advantage Sign Supply
877-237-4464 *1590

paul luszcz

I cut high performance vinyl almost exclusively and while speed is nice, I'm mostly concerned with the ability to cut small text accurately. Nice, round circles with no noticeable notches, easy to weed fonts like "Trajan", etc.

Billct2

I found the quality on cast vinyl almost the same as the tangential.Really never noticed any difference.

Jase

The Envision is brilliant, but for your needs it sounds like the GS tangential plotter. This will do the job but is much slower than the HS15plus. Why don't you send it down to the plotter doctor and ask him to refurb it for you? You can't beat those machines.