Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Plotter Choice

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by paul luszcz, Mar 6, 2013.

1. paul luszcz

paul luszcz Active Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Our HS15 plotter is on it's last legs and Gerber doesn't support it. I'm looking at some used Edge/plotter combos and wondered what the plotter most Edge users prefer.

The HS15 is a tangential/drag knife combo like the GS15 except four times faster. The Envision is a drag knife only but four times faster yet (50 vs. 15 vs. 4 ft/sec).

Does the Envision cut as well as the GS15 or it all flash?

Tags:
  2. Molenbeek

Molenbeek Member

May 1, 2007
    Nationwide
    Hi Paul

Alot of it depends on what you are cutting. if it is vinyl- the enVision 375 will blow you away! its almost twice as fast as the HS15 and does a great job. But if you are trying to cut really small circles in Lexedge all day long- the GS will definitely do a better job for consistent round holes.

But that said- the enVision 375 is definitely the most versatile and easy plotter as the settings are all automatically adjusted by the Omega. Makes it nice and easy to use.

let me know how i can help with any of them!

Matt
    Advantage Sign Supply
    877-237-4464 *1590

3. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I've got the Envison and it's great. I had my old SuperSprint refurbished as a backup.

4. paul luszcz

paul luszcz Active Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I cut high performance vinyl almost exclusively and while speed is nice, I'm mostly concerned with the ability to cut small text accurately. Nice, round circles with no noticeable notches, easy to weed fonts like "Trajan", etc.

5. Billct2

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I found the quality on cast vinyl almost the same as the tangential.Really never noticed any difference.

6. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Envision here!

7. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Thumbs up to the envision! It's a animal!

8. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    It sure make noise like an animal (beast):Big Laugh

9. Billct2

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Nothing compared to the SuperSprint

10. Jase

Jase Member

Jul 28, 2010
    South Wales
    The Envision is brilliant, but for your needs it sounds like the GS tangential plotter. This will do the job but is much slower than the HS15plus. Why don't you send it down to the plotter doctor and ask him to refurb it for you? You can't beat those machines.