Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gerber plotter cutting the wrong job from Omega Edge file

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by gabagoo, Feb 11, 2011.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    This is strange and in the 15 years since owning this device I have never seen this happen.
    This week I have used the machine twice and on both cuts it screwed up.
    So imagine the machine cuts one job on one day and then may sit for days until the next job.
    I print the graphics and then when I send them out to cut, it started cutting the job that was cut already 2 or 3 days ago. It has caught me twice off gurad and ruined 2 jobs.
    I cant figure out how it is retaining the cut file from previous days considering everything is shut down...and why now after all these years?

Tags:
  2. drive

drive Member

May 14, 2009
    Did you check the plot manager to see what's in queue before/during sending the job?

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    That's one of the first things to go when you get old............. you forget what day it is or something like that..............

4. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

The print / cut job queue ( most likely c:\QUEUE) should be cleaned ou except for gsp.net which is write protected. If you allowed the job to totally complete it should have been deletec from the QUEUE. If jobs are left in the QUEUE and you start GQMgr(or it's started by GspPlot) those jobs will get "picked up" and output again.

5. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    but why now after 12 years or more would this be happening. odd

so where do i go to do this? not a big gerber user

6. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    c:/queue and see if theres anything else in there but gsp.net

I find this happens when I have to 'end task' on gqmgr...when it starts back up the old job is there sometimes duplicated