• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gerber plotter cutting the wrong job from Omega Edge file

gabagoo

This is strange and in the 15 years since owning this device I have never seen this happen.
This week I have used the machine twice and on both cuts it screwed up.
So imagine the machine cuts one job on one day and then may sit for days until the next job.
I print the graphics and then when I send them out to cut, it started cutting the job that was cut already 2 or 3 days ago. It has caught me twice off gurad and ruined 2 jobs.
I cant figure out how it is retaining the cut file from previous days considering everything is shut down...and why now after all these years?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's one of the first things to go when you get old............. you forget what day it is or something like that..............

Tony Teveris

The print / cut job queue ( most likely c:\QUEUE) should be cleaned ou except for gsp.net which is write protected. If you allowed the job to totally complete it should have been deletec from the QUEUE. If jobs are left in the QUEUE and you start GQMgr(or it's started by GspPlot) those jobs will get "picked up" and output again.

gabagoo

but why now after 12 years or more would this be happening. odd

so where do i go to do this? not a big gerber user

J Hill Designs

c:/queue and see if theres anything else in there but gsp.net

I find this happens when I have to 'end task' on gqmgr...when it starts back up the old job is there sometimes duplicated